January 19, 2013

My Favourite CNY Snacks

Chinese New Year is around the corner and we getting some snacks for the guests and ourselves. So whats your favorite snack? My favourite CNY snack since childhood can't be replace by, one and only love is my honey cornflakes.

It's crunchy, sweet and tasty. Once you've eaten, you cant stop. Omg, i'm drooling now.

I cant find it in singapore, and i went JB with mummy and sister the other day and let me found them selling it at holiday plaza RM25.80 ~ SGD10plus each. Not a second, i bought this at 2 container and we ate it all within 2days. Haha, cause it's too yummy and it's been like 10plus years never get to eat this.

It's simple and easy recipe for those who are interested and wanna made this by your own, also it's a kid's favourite plus it's cereals, here's the recipe. Not an expensive chinese new year snacks. 

Honey Cornflakes
Ingredients
- 1 tbsp butter
- 4 tbsp honey
- 150 g corn flakes (1 packet)
-some toppings (optional)

Method
1. Heat butter and honey in the saucepan in low heat.
2. Off the heat, add cornflakes and mix till even.
3. Add in corn flakes and mix till even.
4. Spoon into small paper cup and bake at 200-250 degree Celsius for 5 mins or lightly golden.

Another of my new current favorite CNY snack is crispy crabstick.
photo credits to google

I myself loves eating crabsticks alot, and few years back when i went to my ah ma house during cny, she gave me to try her crabstick she made herself and guess what? It's so awesome nice. This is definitely is everyone's favorites too. I'm going to make this for my cny snacks too plus you do not have to spend so much money for the snack.

This is much easier than honey cornflakes.

Crispy Crabstick
Ingredients
- 1 packet of crabstick (shredded) 
- cooking oil (deep fried)

Method
1. Heat up the oil.
2. Pour all the shredded crabsticks into the pan till the color the brown.
3. Put it aside to cool down for about 2mins with kitchen towel to absorb oil.
4. Make sure it's alr cool down before place into container else will become soft and not crispy.

These are my two most favourite chinese new year snacks but dont forget and neglect our traditional cny snacks. 

Pineapple tart photo credits to google

Love Letter photo credits to google

Bak Kwa photo credits to google

Mandarin Orange photo credits to google

Prawn Rolls photo credits to google

Last but not least...

Yu Sheng photo credits to google


Hope you enjoy and success in making these simple easy Chinese New Year snacks recipe. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment